8 reasons PayPal’s stock is up since 2nd quarter report:
1. Paypal is big. 117 million people have active PayPal accounts, plus millions of merchants, and PayPal processes 6 million transactions a day…
2. PayPal is growing. The company has 1,300 employees, and yet it’s managing double digit growth every year.
3. PayPal is leading in mobile. Despite all the talk (including here on Quartz) about startups like Square, Stripe, Braintree and the like, PayPal still processes way more payments than all of them put together.
4. PayPal has no trouble copying what works. Example, their blue triangular dongle is a knock off the the white Square.
5. PayPal has tons of room for growth. Online sales, mobile payments, new point-of-sale terminals replacing cash registers.
6. PayPal has wisely decided not to waste its time with mobile wallets. Consumers aren’t adopting them either.
7. PayPal doesn’t care how you use its service, as long as you use it.
8. The company’s new president